PLACEHOLDER H2 TO MEET WCAG REQUIREMENT
PUC's Mission Statement
The Public Utility Commission of Texas exists to protect customers, foster competition, and promote high quality infrastructure.
DUO's Mission Statement
To provide outreach and education to retail public water and sewer utilities to promote regulatory compliance and preserve the financial and managerial integrity of the utility.
The PUC regulates the state's electric, telecommunication, and water and sewer utilities, implements respective legislation, and offers customer assistance in resolving consumer complaints.
Our commitment to you
DUO is committed to help retail water and sewer public utilities to understand, navigate and achieve regulatory compliance with the PUCT.
- Provide information and training to retail public water and sewer utilities on regulatory compliance and on preserving the financial and managerial integrity of the utility. This will be accomplished through in-person and on-line training opportunities.
- Help the regulated community with customer relations, utility rate-making concepts and filings, and service area matters including certificates of convenience and necessity (CCN) and sale/transfer/merger (STM) applications. This will be accomplished by staff and through use of a contractor that will conduct on-site, free assistance to utility owners, managers and operators.
- Recruit temporary managers and receivers for non-functioning water and sewer utilities.
- Help water and sewer utilities in supervision, receivership or temporary management with reaching the end goal of becoming a viable retail public utility.
- Network and build relationships with industry professionals and water and sewer utilities to understand their needs and help achieve regulatory compliance.
Verify Your Information
We work to keep track of water and sewer utilities across Texas with a self-reporting database. Please check your current information, and if there are errors, or the information is no longer up to date, please email DUO@puc.texas.gov to let us know what information needs to be changed. Please also include a contact email and phone number so that we can reach you if we have questions and to confirm the updates are being authorized by the utility.
VERIFY YOUR INFORMATION